The Truth About Life
A life without friends isn’t much of a life, and making friends is a crap shoot! Lucky us! Welcome to the Ca-si-no, I’m not your friend! It’s gambling, except when placing bets, we use mental currency, not cash, and it’s amazing what your mind can afford.
People are bought all the time, but nobody can buy friends. By definition, that’s not friendship; that’s business.
However, once you are fortunate enough to cross paths with, and connect to a new soul, a unique adventure begins.
The Fire in Your Soul
The concept is simple. We all have a fire in our soul, and that fire is the source of your inner light.
If you feel your fire (or at least know there is one), continue to read.
If you don’t feel your fire (or don’t believe you have a soul), continue reading, and pretend you do (because you do).
Soul II Soul, from Mine to Yours
Inner light isn’t visible to the naked eye. It could reside in another dimension for all I know. Here’s what I believe about the light that leads me.
- My light has no color.
- My light has been with me my entire life.
- I did well feeding it in my early 20’s.
- There was a decade thrown in there where it burned slow and steady.
- I thought it was bright enough.
- People wanted to dim my light.
- There was a period where it flickered more than usual.
- I’ve thrown gasoline on it a few times.
- In 2014, I packed my light and moved to Arizona.
- By early 2015, the fire in my soul became a smoldering pile of ashes.
- In 2016, I could have easily thrown myself in a box, on a shelf, next to Denver and Marco.
- In 2017, I was struck by lightning – twice.
- I learned it could never be bright enough.
Even a hurricane couldn’t put this Dark Phoenix out.
Not all Fires are Created Equal
Fires are either built or caused. Building them is preferred, unless, of course, it’s arson. Accidents happen. Nature happens. Regardless of how it starts, playing with fire doesn’t hurt the fire.
People wanted to dim my light.
The safest way to build a fire is to start small, using kindling as a base. Once the base is ablaze, you can begin to throw the big wood on top.
The bigger the fire, the brighter the light.
You don’t need several advanced physics degrees to understand simple physics. With a little TLC, even the tiniest coal can reignite to glorious levels. However, the devil is always in the details.
There are three conditions:
- Fires need to be fed.
- You are responsible for your fire.
- The brighter your light, the more attractive you become.
Like a Moth to a Flame
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Inner light is the eternal beacon of your soul. Carry it proudly, for life, as if it’s your very own Olympic torch. If the Statue of Liberty can do it, so can you.
Are you burning an eternal flame? That’s a question you can answer only for yourself. I believe it, and I live my life accordingly.
Making friends is easier to do when you allow your true self to make first impressions. Anything else is a waste of time. Show up to your own life.
Now, go get some trees and start chopping.